Pages

Wednesday 30 April 2014

26 Weeks


How far along? 26 weeks & 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: 9lbs! Probably still less that I'm supposed to have gained, but I haven't lost any weight in a long time, so I'm happy.
Maternity clothes? It's about half and half. I have two pairs of maternity jeans and several new long tops/dresses, but some of them are just larger sizes than I normally wear. I'm still able to wear some of my longer tops and elasticated skirts. The one in this picture, for example, I usually wear on my waist, but I expanded the waist-band and it fits just under my bump. 
Stretch marks? Surprisingly, none! My bump has grown a lot lately and I keep looking for them, but none have appeared so far.
Sleep: Sometimes broken (I think the baby's movements are starting to wake me up during the night) and I'm obviously needing more sleep as I fell asleep on the sofa at 8pm on Monday and 9.30pm last night, both times with the lights on and a film playing. 
Best moment this week: I don't think anything particularly major happened this week, besides my bump getting bigger and the baby moving around even more than usual. We did get our Moses basket last week, which was exciting!
Movement: We can almost time the baby's movements now--it's always very active first thing in the morning, then between 7-9 every night. If I've been moving around or doing a lot of walking during the day, it'll suddenly get very active as soon as we get into bed. And if I'm ever sitting or lying down for a period of time during the day it makes its presence known :) And it still loves bath time!
Cravings/Aversions: I want to say that I've been craving sweet things more this week, but maybe that's because we have lots of Easter chocolate sitting around ;)
Gender guesses: We're not telling! ;)
Labor Signs: None, although Simon had a dream about the labour last night and apparently it was super easy and the baby "popped out" (his words) before the midwife got here. He seemed quite comforted by this dream, but I was a little more disconcerted. I think I'd prefer to have a midwife on hand. 
Belly Button in or out? Still in. I kept thinking for ages that it was going to pop, but it hasn't. 
What I miss: Being able to bend over without overbalancing myself. 
What I am looking forward to: Reaching the end of the second trimester! We only have a week and a bit left to go. 
Weekly Wisdom: Since you're supposed to be getting an extra 200 calories a day when you're pregnant, you're totally allowed to eat as much Easter chocolate as you like. 
Milestones: We got our Moses basket last week (although it's still at my parents' house until closer to our due date) and my bump suddenly got a lot bigger in the last couple of days. I'd kind of got used to the size it was and kept thinking, "Huh, it's not really that big, to be honest" and then WHAM, it feels like it tripled in size in two days! So hopefully this will stop people from saying "Oh, you're barely showing!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment